Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Requesting PAC code

Hi Guys,

I've requested my PAC code from O2 having waited, what seems like an eternity, for the X1 to come in stock. And what happens? They put it in stock on the website!! So I'm guessing they'll soon have it in stock for retentions.

They say it'll take upto 5 days for the PAC code to come through, so would retentions be prepared to offer deals even though I've requested my PAC code?
Anonymous

Requesting PAC code

It is my understanding that even when a PAC is issued, it does not mean much unless it is actually used, i.e. given to another network for porting the number.

As far as I know, if you throw away the PAC and don't use it, O2 (or any network) will keep you on as a customer and just pretend you never wanted to leave.
Topics: 48
Kudos: 591
Solutions: 48

Requesting PAC code

have you spoke to the upgrades or retention regarding the x1, norm they have stock at the same time.

The pac code is only a number unless you use it to leave o2.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Anonymous

Requesting PAC code

Considering I need to give 30 days notice before leaving (or rather they'll charge me for 30 days once I use the PAC) is it possible to drop the contract to a simplicity tariff so my 30 day notice would cost less?
Anonymous

Requesting PAC code

Considering I need to give 30 days notice before leaving (or rather they'll charge me for 30 days once I use the PAC) is it possible to drop the contract to a simplicity tariff so my 30 day notice would cost less?

No, you can however lower your tariff to the next tariff down, eg £35 to £30, if you have had your contract for 9 months.
Anonymous

Requesting PAC code

Even though my contracted ended on the 12th of December?

On another note, do retentions call you after issuing you a PAC trying to win you back even though upgrades put you through to retentions when you called?
Anonymous

Requesting PAC code

If you dont use the PAC then your account will not close.

If your account was up for renewal on the 12th then you can change to a sim only deal now.

Just to warn you though, I just an hour ago was on the phone to upgrades regarding the X1 for a customer and they are not in stock.
Anonymous

Requesting PAC code

I spoke to customer services and they've put me on simplicity (paying £20 less for practically the same minutes and texts) and I've been told, that realistically, I'd have to wait till after the new year to get an X1. Which is in line with the due date of 29th being reported here.

If I can get some of the deals being posted around here it'll be worth the wait. If not, well I've got my PAC in hand now.
Anonymous

Requesting PAC code

Just keep an eye on the expiory date of your PAC in that case.

Yeah I got told the W/B 29th yesterday although that is not the first time we have been given stock reports for this phone and when the time comes there still isn't the phone in stock.

Fingers crossed things should calm down after chrsitmas with the credit crunch and all and you will get the phone you want Smiley Wink