Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request a replacement sim

Marmite
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've tried to find the online chat help that i've used previously but to no avail.

My 4g speed is dire and has been for a long time, everytime i check the network status is comes back as ok, but then receive a text saying there was an issue but it's now fixed.

Would a replacement sim be a wise choice? I have tried to look if i can request one without ringing up O2, i can appreciate it's a busy period with reduced staff in the offices.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

It's worth a try @Marmite but you'll need to call to get one Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Marmite You'll have a better chance of getting through if you try calling tomorrow at 8 am.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

Marmite
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your replies.

It appears my area is either full on capacity with users or the mast is slow during the day.

I got a EE sim and tested it, same ish speed when compared side by side with my o2 sim on a different phone.

I then did it again with a 3 sim and the same again.

Is the mast shared?

7 in the morning and its around 30mbs.

Sadly it was the same speed last June and i was told by the local O2 shop that it was because 5g was being trialled.

I live in an area with a lot of old people (not saying they don't use tech) so just how low inthe capacity from the mast that is 200m max away from my house.

I might as well switch to payg when my contract ends next month and pick the lowest tariff from the cheapest operator at this rate.

Stay safe.

Message 4 of 4