Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reps don't know how to apply compensation by ombudsman

Cybrsloth92
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Short story had to escalate complaint about closed account to ombudsman was found I paid final bill.O2 offered £75 compensation for level of service  which I accepted however nothing actioned nor does anyone on phone at o2 know how to apply this.where do I go from here do I just wait until next stage and report o2 for adhering to these actions.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@Cybrsloth92 

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217

Payment Management opening hours:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 9

Cybrsloth92
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Tried that apparently my account is a legacy account but spoke to legacy and they had no idea how to apply credit to a closed legacy account

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@Dave-O2 ?

Can they not just send you a cheque or bank transfer?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 9

Cybrsloth92
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Apparently because complaint is through ombudsman there is no notes on system not sure if this is correct or I'm just getting bad call agents.offered to send screenshot but they say they can't receive emails.ombudsman say they have till 29th June to remedy if not it can be further escalated I think at this stage its what will most likely happen

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@Cybrsloth92 

Hang on for a message off @Dave-O2 

Message 6 of 9

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 784 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 

@Cybrsloth92 Please drop me a PM with the mobile number the account was linked to and I'll take a closer look 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 7 of 9

Cybrsloth92
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still no resolution and o2 are unwilling to apply what they promised 

Message 8 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10570 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3093 Solutions

@Cybrsloth92 

It could be that o2 are waiting for notification from the ombudsman to apply the credit, as if it is like the energy ombudsman, it takes a while for them to tell the company to apply it, as we won against Bulb and it took 3 months for the credit to appear... 

You telling o2 to apply it may not be the best idea, just wait and go back to the adjudicator and ask them if they have passed it to o2

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 9