cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing/swapping Pay Monthly BB with sim free iPhone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on a 24 month contract & at the moment I'm nearly 8 months in on a Blackberry Bold 9900 but I'm honestly already sick of my BB for many reasons! I really regret buying it but at the time I just couldn't afford the newer iPhone prices. 

I'm sure I read that I just buy a sim free iPhone & a micro sim? Then ring up 02 & transfer my number? Can you do that in an 02 shop? What else do I do? I obviously still want to keep my contract for the remaining months.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Just pop into the store and ask for a microsim. It's free and they will arrange the transfer of your number and tariff to the new sim. They should also be able to arrange the data bolt on swap but a quick call to customer service on 202 would sort that out if necessary.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes you can do it in the O2 store. The other thing you need to do is to swap the BB bolt on for the iphone bolt on and just carry on with your contract.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay. I'm on the 'The All Rounder for BlackBerry - 500MB' which is an extra £6.00 a month. How does that correspond to an iPhone? Could I end up paying more for my contract/data allowance each month? Or do they just take away the Blackberry bolt on & add the iPhone one for £6.00 a month also?

EDIT: Is a sim free iPhone the same as an Unlocked iPhone you can buy from Apple directly?

Message 3 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You can only get an unlocked iPhone 5 from Apple, the CPW ones will lock to the first network you connect to.

I'm fairly sure the bolt ons are swappable.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will I still be able to swap from my BB if I was to buy the Unlocked iPhone(s)?

Do I have to pay to get a Micro Sim or is it free? & How does my mobile phone number transfer over to an iPhone from my BB?

& Just to clarify, can I definitely swap my tarriff from a BB one to an iPhone one in my local 02 Store? Or can that only be done over the phone?

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Just pop into the store and ask for a microsim. It's free and they will arrange the transfer of your number and tariff to the new sim. They should also be able to arrange the data bolt on swap but a quick call to customer service on 202 would sort that out if necessary.

Message 6 of 6