cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Im just wondering what is an acceptable amount of time to have to wait for my replacement phone when claiming on my insurance. I have liaised with the insurance firm directly and they have told me my claim has been approved however they are out of stock on my device. They have offered me a replacement which ive never heard of and just want to have the same device that I claimed for. What would be the time frame that is acceptable as im paying a fair bit for my monthly tariff and my replacement phone is a relic which to be frank is... well; crap.

My phone was sent away nearly 2 weeks ago.

Much obliged

P

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The normal turnaround is 24-48 hours for a replacement, however, as they are out of stock and you have refused the suggested alternative (quite within your rights to do so), the wait can now be indefinite until stock is sourced.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The normal turnaround is 24-48 hours for a replacement, however, as they are out of stock and you have refused the suggested alternative (quite within your rights to do so), the wait can now be indefinite until stock is sourced.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

They will have to source a reconditioned phone and unfortunately there is no timescale.... 

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks

Message 5 of 5