Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

Replacement phone

I am 8 months into an 18 month contract with O2 and I have had bother with C905, had to send it back several times and the most recent time they sent it back to me, apparently it got lost in the post. Now I have a choice of 4 handsets as a replacement phone.

LG Renoir
Samsung Pixon
Samsung Tocco Ultra
Nokia N95

I have never used any of these phones whatsoever and just wanted general opinions of everyone. I mostly use my phone for calls, texts, internet and camera.

Do i have to accept any of these phones as I only wanted the C905? Cant I wait on the C905 coming back in stock or is there any way I can get a phone not on that list?

Thanks
Highlighted
Anonymous

Replacement phone

Not a bad choice of phones!

Most people wil say take the N95, i wouldn't.

Personally id see if you could get a W995 out of them, the update of teh c905.

Im waiting for an email with the RAN number, and my C905 is off in for repair, if it breaks again after this, im entitled to another phone.

I'd most definately try and get a w995.

Read around, review sites and see, www.gsmarena.com, Is a good site to compare specs and check out their reviews
Highlighted
Topics: 570
Solutions: 3,794

Replacement phone

IMHO you would be wise to avoid the C905. Do a search on the forum for C905 and it has many problems, so much that apparently O2 will not be replenishing their stock with this model.
Hope this helps
Highlighted
Anonymous

Replacement phone

Out of them I'd take the pixon, awesome camera on it and its pretty decent on the net. Depends if you want a touch screen phone though.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Replacement phone

A lot of people are getting a referb W995.

You will be waiting a long while for the C905 to come back in.
Highlighted
Anonymous

LG renoir

Hi
I would recommend the LG Renoir. A mate of mine has it and i really liked i when i had a play. Great large screen ideal for the web. Avoid the N95. I have one and its shocking. It sits in a drawer as i am fed up of the constant crashing.
regards
Highlighted
Anonymous

Replacement phone

Thanks for all the feedback. I checked to see if I could get another phone apart from the ones offered, but they said it wasn't possible, I even offered to pay a fee towards one. I went for the Pixon but when the O2 worker went to check, all but the N95 are out of stock. So i got offered the Nokia 5800. So i have the choice of 2 nokia phones and I hate nokias.

O2 lose my phone and I am getting offered sub-par phones.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Replacement phone

Wouldn't take eitehr of them tbh.

Both poor phones, and nowhere near the spec of the c905.