cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement device within 30 days (battery drain issues)

maxwilkes
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I spoke to customer services today explaining how the iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2020 128GB I ordered on a pay monthly contract is experiencing battery drain. I explained that I'd spoken to Apple on numerous occasions who ran diagnostics and said my battery is performing at 100% capacity and there's nothing wrong with the hardware but they did acknowledge that the battery shouldn't be draining that fast (roughly 2% PER HOUR in standby...easily 10-12% overnight over a 6 hour period...to put it into perspective I've been testing it by not using it over the last few days and with only 4 minutes of screen on time the battery has managed to drain down to 53% just by sitting in standby over the last 24-48 hours).

Anyway I spoke to O2 and the rep acknowledged that that battery drain did seem not right and he said as I was within my 30 days he could send out a brand new replacement and the courier would collect my old device at the same time...then he ran into a system error where it wouldn't let him place the order so he said could he call me back? I said yeah...about half an hour later I get a text saying he's having issues calling me back so could I call them back to discuss my options.

So I did...then I get through to another guy who reads the notes and says due to an unknown error he's going to have to do it manually. then he said something about sending a giffy bag to return my old device and he'll place an order for the new device at the same time. Anyway I just got confirmation of the order and it says LIKE NEW. Not brand new. He also mentioned something about TRANS BACK options being available to send out but he found one which said NEW so he sent me that one...then the email confirmation says LIKE NEW.

When I googled LIKE NEW o2 it shows up as being NOT brand new and most likely not coming in original packaging or with original accessories but rather being the equivalent of a refurbished device. I was under the impression I was getting a BRAND NEW replacement. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

maxwilkes
  • 21 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Lisa could you maybe assist with this? I tried getting through to customer service via the My O2 app but it says no operators are available.

Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@maxwilkes 

Within 30 days it should be brand new, not refurbished.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-returns-policy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

maxwilkes
  • 21 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2Replacement.png

That was what the guy on the phone said but then that system error occurred and I had to call them back, get through to a different operator who said it would take anything up to 7 days to receive the replacement (instead of the next working day which was originally quoted to me). On top of that he was talking about he can only see options for TRANS BACK but he looked deeper and found one which said NEW. But obviously isn't...the email confirmation clearly says LIKE NEW. See above.

I'm actually super frustrated now.

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@maxwilkes 

You need to call again and remind them of the T&C's

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@maxwilkes 

Just to add, make sure they aren't messing you about (taking you beyond the 30 days return date).

If you have no joy today, then I'm sure @O2Lisa will look at this tomorrow for you. She comes on at 8am.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @maxwilkes smiling

I'll private message you now and get it sorted for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks again @O2Lisa 

Busy morning for you so far. (A bit like the Doctors surgery on a Monday morning rofl)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

You're welcome @Cleoriff 

joy haha yes, nice and busy, makes the day go fastersmiling

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9