cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement SIM card

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

after waiting 10 days my replacement SIM card finally arrives and it doesn't work! I get “SIM not provisioned. Error MM2” which when I google it I get that I have to go to O2 and enter my mobile number and they will text me a code.

Of course no code arrived as MY SIM DOESN'T WORK. What sort of dodgy thing is this?

Is this because I am on a package they no longer offer and want me to leave O2?

How do I get my phone working? Lord knows how many texts and calls I have missed, especially in the weeks coming up to xmas!

Frank

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will try again is store at lunchtime. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Message 21 of 30

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi FrankW01,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Let us know how you get on in the store today as everyone here has mentioned (thanks everyone!)

If you're still not sure as to what is happening after that, l will see if there are any other options.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 22 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

They wanted to charge me and I made them look up the history of O2's pathetic attempt to do the simple task of sending a replacement sim and the fact they were not busy they said they would wave the £10 charge.

So 10 days since i reported my phone lost and asked for a new sim I finally have a phone.

However all my contacts saved on my sim are gone. Hopefully I can find a back up from my old phone on my home PC as that wwas also a Sony.

Total failure by O2 on every level!

Message 23 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

At least you now have a working phone Frank. I know it was a long process but once you have added your contacts you will be 'good to go'. Pleased for you...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm really hoping I can retieve my contacts from my last back up of my old phone. Never happened before that my sim contacts have been wiped.

Some people I only had the contact on my phone so I may have lost some people for ever!

Message 25 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Must admit to earning something new myself this week. I only ever had my contacts on my sim...and was advised to back up through GMail...When I set up my new phone....my contacts just synced over...as if by magic. I learn something new every day on here...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is why I never store on my phone, but on the sim. It is supposed to be transferable and last time several years ago when i changed sim cards it was.

Message 27 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 used to have a machine in stores that would transfer contacts from sim to sim, I think CPW might have them too, but they are not widely used anymore because most people cloud sync their contacts which is much safer and easier.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 30

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Very glad to hear the O2 store was at least able to give you a working sim. You really shouldn't have had to go through all that hassle and aggravation. It should have been a simple process, and the store saying they would waive the fee for the sim was, quite frankly, just bull. Contract customers should never have to pay for a new sim. Sorry about your contacts, but for future reference, the best way to ensure you never lose them again is to set up a Gmail account and store your contacts there. Should you ever have the misfortune of losing your phone again, or you decide to buy a new one, your contacts will transfer to your new phone in the blink of an eye.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 29 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your update @Anonymous

I hope you can keep get back to using your replacement phone and O2 services now.
Message 30 of 30