Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Replacement SIM card

Hi,

after waiting 10 days my replacement SIM card finally arrives and it doesn't work! I get “SIM not provisioned. Error MM2” which when I google it I get that I have to go to O2 and enter my mobile number and they will text me a code.

Of course no code arrived as MY SIM DOESN'T WORK. What sort of dodgy thing is this?

Is this because I am on a package they no longer offer and want me to leave O2?

How do I get my phone working? Lord knows how many texts and calls I have missed, especially in the weeks coming up to xmas!

Frank

Highlighted
Topics: 731

Re: Replacement SIM card

Hi @Anonymous 

I know its a bit inconvenient but is there any chance you could get into your local O2 store? They could change the sim and get it set up for you?

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Anonymous

If it's a contract sim they are sent out un activated.

Ring O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract / 8002 for Business. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus to have it activated.

SIM cards can be picked up from any O2 HighStreet shop - take ID for a contract version.

Payg ones can be ordered via https://www.o2.co.uk/freesim/
Highlighted
Anonymous

Been told not to do that or they will charge me!

Highlighted
Anonymous

Charge you for a SIM card ?

Replacement ones are free as they sim swap your number and tariff to the new blank one.

Payg ones are free but they do ask a person to credit £10 before leaving the shop which is then used to pay for a payg tariff a person chooses etc.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I have contacted them. But they only operate 9-5 from what i can gather. the sim package says i should just insert and it will work.

Can't call from work as I work in a hospital and I'm never using the online chat again as they can't do anything, are rude and barely understand english. Took 35 minutes in a chat to get a sim sent out to a random old address even though i confirmed my address in the stupidly long chat. They must've asked me a dozen times am i trying to get a new sim! Even though they had cancelled my sim 4 days before when I first asked for a replacement and they didn't send out a replacement.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Are you on a monthly contract or are you on Payg ?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Opening times.

Monday - Friday 08:00 - 21:00

Saturday 08:00 - 20:00

Sunday 08:00 - 18:00

Christmas Opening Hours.

Christmas Eve 08:00 - 18:00

Christmas Day 09:00 - 14:00

Boxing Day 10:00 - 16:00

New Year's Eve 08:00 - 18:00

New Year's Day 10:00 - 16:00
Highlighted
Topics: 731

Hi Frank. One of the reasons I suggested going instore. I would imagine this close to Christmas it would be sorted far more quickly for you (Well I hope it would) Smiley Wink

As I say...inconvenient I know.... but probably the quickest way

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Anonymous

Monthly, have been for many years. Phone was lost on the 6th, asked for a replacement SIM on the 7th, it arrived on the 16th and it's now the 17th and still no working sim.

If you go into a store for a replacement sim they charge you. That is what I have been told in the store and on the chat and on the phone with O2.