cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated spam text messages

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not sure if someone has sold my number on or if someone has genuinely put the wrong number in somewhere but I am being hounded by texts for 'Allen' about loans and other products. I have forwarded them all to 7726 and sent the number they have come from. Is there any other way to stop them?
Cheers!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @anticipated however the app doesn't support 4.4. @Toby can anything be done? Still getting the texts although they have reduced in frequency and number...
Message 11 of 13

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3417 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Sorry about that. I'll keep my eyes peeled for any by helpful info though. You do get other programs on Google play however I don't trust them.
Indubitably true. Samsung S21 Ultra and Xiaomi 14 Ultra
Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue, endless calls and messages looking for "amy huckerby" if anyone knows her, can they tell her loan has been approved even with her bad credit!

It's so annoying, I've had the phone number since my first mobile - 14 odd years ago and that is the only solution o2 can offer

I am currently getting around 40+ messages a day, and at least 15-20 phone calls, my phone is practically unusable for most of the day. I am registered with tps, and have been for years - I have also tried some of the spam blocking apps from the play store, but some still slip through and with current andriod you can only have one sms app so you end up with terrible messaging apps!

with the volume I am getting forwarding to 7726 isn't really an option, especially since you have to send it, and then send another to confirm the number it came from - it would be good if there was a way to upload/send them all at once.

Message 13 of 13