cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repay £1 + £0.25 Charge on Pay Go Go Go

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'd put my daughter on to Pay Go Go Go promising I'd top up £10 a month before the anniversary to get her the minutes, data and text deals.

A couple of weeks ago, she received a £1 credit on the phone which I thought was odd but put it down to some sort of promotion. My daughter decided to use part of the £1 credit to pay to retrieve a blank voicemail so as to remove the voicemail icon from her Android phone.

Credit anniversary is tomorrow. She has just reminded my to top up which I've done to ensure there is a £10 credit ready for the anniversary but she is down to £9. We've received a txt from O2 saying thanks for repaying the £1 loan and there's a £0.25 charge for the privilege.

Am I correct in thinking that £10 is the minimum top up? If so, O2 now thinks I have to pay a further £10 to get the balance above £10?

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You could try calling CS and explaining the error, see if they will credit the £1.00 back to the account. At least you will have the full £10 for the monthly allowance then....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes it is the minimum otherwise if there isnt at least £10 on the phone, you wont get the allowances

Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It sounds like your daughter invoked the "lend us a quid deal" and it would appear you have to top up again, however, the remaining money would stay as a credit on your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
How would she invoke that - I appreciate what you're saying re: the credit staying on the account but her normal pay go go go allowances would be sufficient, i.e. the credit should be untouched. Call me old fashioned
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
If there is no credit/balance allowance on your account you can dial 4445 and one of the options is to borrow £1.00 This will allow you to make an emergency call or send a few texts etc, however, the next time you top up this loan is reclaimed. It must be requested by the user so although I understand your frustration it must have been requested by your daughter 😞

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks MI5 - I've just spoken to her and she has never dialled 4445 and has never requested to borrow £1. The only thing she has done is attempted to retrieve voicemail (following a txt msg instruction) when someone left a blank voicemail on her phone. Because she had no credit on the phone, it simply didnt connect.

I know it doesn't sound much - its the prinicple.
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You could try calling CS and explaining the error, see if they will credit the £1.00 back to the account. At least you will have the full £10 for the monthly allowance then....?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Guys - gave customer services a call and they were very helpful. Credited on this occasion.

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's good to hear glad you got it sorted
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Good result slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10