cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair: help required as my phone has been downgraded to a lesser model

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would be pleased to accept some general help.  Here's a plotted history of my phone breaking and very poor customer service:

Monday 15th July: HTC one X+ was returned for repair (kept randominly and repeatedly shutting into airplane mode).  Store immediately accepted the problem was their fault, and that the phone's condition was as good as new.  Was told it would eturned to me within 4 - 5 days.

Monday 22nd: I returned to store to enquire when it would be back with me.  Was told Tuesday (next day).

Wednesday: again returned.  Was told it had been posted on the Monday and was likely waiting for me when I got home.

Friday: again returned to store.  Was told that they didn't know, but that someone would call me by 2.00pm.  No one called.

Following Monday 29th: returned to store.  Was told no one knew where my phone was.  After much confusion an e-mail was eventually sent from store to stock control.  After a few hours, I was e-mailed to confirm the phone hadn't been posted, that no replacement could be found, and that there was no known date as to when I would get the phone.  I was offered a range of other phones, including a pink Zeperya Z, a blackberry, and an SIII mini, and an HTC One X, none of which were suitable as they didn't match the technical specifications of the X+.

Monday 29th: I e-mailed the complaints department and clearly stated I expected a phone within 7 days.  No response, despite being asked for an e-mail or call to discuss.

Monday 5th August: I wrote via post a letter asking where the phone was, and asking them to confirm if they had terminated my contract.  No response, despite being asked for an e-mail or call to discuss.

Saturday 10th: an HTC One X arrives through the post, with no explanation as to the delay, not where my X+ is.

I require an X+.  The X has half the memory, half the features and runs at half the speed.  An enquiry to the consumer action line run by CAB has confirmed I need at least the same model or like-for-like in order to meet statutory rights.

I would like advice and guidance on what to do now, please - ideally an HTC one X+ too.

Many thanks,

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You have followed 02's Complaint procedure correctly, and must follow it to the end.

Give the supplied handset back.

If after that you are not given a reasonable outcome then you could take it to the next level, which is the impartial Review and Ombudsman Services: Communications.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You have followed 02's Complaint procedure correctly, and must follow it to the end.

Give the supplied handset back.

If after that you are not given a reasonable outcome then you could take it to the next level, which is the impartial Review and Ombudsman Services: Communications.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Sounds like a real nightmare. Follow the advice that bandofbrothers has given you and please come back to the forum to update us on how you are getting on. Good luck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for your help.  Please may I have any further thoughts or comments on this issue:

I've now called O2 and spent 20 minutes or so trying to suggest to the main differences between teh X and X+ make it a downgrade (he was adament they were 'exactly the same phone', poor thing).

X / X+

Storage: 16 / 32GB

Speed 1.5GHz / 1.7Ghz

Front camera: 1.2MP / 1.9MP

Battery: 1800 / 2100.

Not to mention the android betterments.

Eventually as an alternative I was offered an S3.  When I bought the contract, I made a conscious choice not to go with the S3 as it didn't feel as it just didn't meet my needs, it didn't feel right, wasn't as intutiative etc.  This is down to Sense 4+ vs TouchWiz, and the crappy plastic case of the S3.

Questions: am I being unreasonable in being minded to turn this down?

Do my numberous HTS accessories I've acquired have any bearing on this?

Anything else I've missed?

Thanks again,

P

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

It's reasonable to either expect the same model or an alternative that teaches the same specs and value.
Message 5 of 5