Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewing Contract

Matt77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am currently on a 12 month 100gb for £20 and my contract ends in April. I have received a text from 02 with a link to various options and have decided on a similar deal which is 150gb for £20.

If I proceed with the renewal will this go through in April, or will it go through today, in terms of recieving the 150gb and new minutes?

I only ask as I followed the process and it seemed that I had to place something in the basket and checkout, even though I only wish to renew.

I am sorry if I am making this harder than it is, but I do not want to end up paying for two contracts and I will not require a change of SIM or number.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Matt77 

You need to see if you can upgrade in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

If you can, the change will be immediate (24 hours) and the new tariff will cancel the old one.

If no upgrade options are showing for you, you need to wait until April when your current contract completes the minimum term.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Matt77 

You need to see if you can upgrade in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

If you can, the change will be immediate (24 hours) and the new tariff will cancel the old one.

If no upgrade options are showing for you, you need to wait until April when your current contract completes the minimum term.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Matt77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you very much for your help. It does say, good news, you can upgrade today, so I will give it a chance with adding to the basket.

Thank you again.
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Matt77 

If you upgrade today you will be paying the RPI in April

i usually upgrade after the RP! increase so that there is no increase for 12 months

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I'm still on the 50% off until June so that will be my next upgrade time.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I'm still on the 50% off until June so that will be my next upgrade time.

As am I smiling

Message 6 of 6