Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal of SIMO, retention, prices and so on

Neildelahay
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have an iPad refresh tariff with O2. Airtime tariff is £9 for 3gb data. Also have a SIMO that has just ended. The SIMO had a discount which has also ended making it a unl,unl,6gb for £25 per month. Far too much. Spoke with retention and as my ave data usage is 2gb I got best offer of 2500, unl, 2.5gb for £13!!!

Pointed out the current virgin offer and uswitch has several better offer tariffs but no joy? Guess I tried but as I’m penny pinching I am going to be off from o2. Does anyone have any advice on how I could get o2 to maybe discount the £13 tariff??

My previous £15 had a £10 discount applied I’d stay if they threw a £5 discount to the £13 tariff

Thanks

Neil

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Neildelahay They won’t discount it massively. You’ll be lucky if they agree to a discount & then it will only be a couple of quid

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The team you spoke to are the ones to get the discount from so if that's all they are offering, you won't get any better.
Occasionally you'll see deals on the shop pages which is likely what you had before but that's about it for discounts from O2 unless you can get Open or friends and family discount?
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Open-amp-Friends-and-Family-discounts-How-to-sign-up/...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Neildelahay They won’t discount it massively. You’ll be lucky if they agree to a discount & then it will only be a couple of quid

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@NeildelahayHaving been simo for a few years, I can tell you usually the best time to get discounts is Nov, Dec and January. My contract ends then and I have picked up a great 'sale' offer each time I renew. A bit too long for you to wait though slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

Neildelahay
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Is a shame if that’s the case. They are not in the same room competing with Vodafone let alone virgin, Giff gaff and the likes. Could be off for me.
Message 5 of 6

Neildelahay
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Still a little bitter by essentially being called second class , lesser with dubious credit worthiness for being SIMO only. Nothing to do with O2 initially putting an extra £280on the cost of an iPhone - at launch.
Message 6 of 6