Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove age restriction

Drwatz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just switched to pay monthly and don’t have a credit card only a visa/debit card and I want to disable age restriction for google search and they won’t accept this ? Does anyone know a simple way to remove ?

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Community_STS_0.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Good morning @Drwatz

As you don't have a credit card what you need to do is go into any O2 store with your passport or driving licence as proof you are over 18. 

The restriction should then be removed from your account within 48 hours. If for any reason this doesn't happen you need to contact customer services

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

8-8:30am is the best time to call to avoid a long wait.

Good luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Good morning @Drwatz

As you don't have a credit card what you need to do is go into any O2 store with your passport or driving licence as proof you are over 18. 

The restriction should then be removed from your account within 48 hours. If for any reason this doesn't happen you need to contact customer services

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

8-8:30am is the best time to call to avoid a long wait.

Good luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Drwatz

You have to prove your age by following the information provided in this guide

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/age-restricted-content-and-age-verification

Once you've provided O2 with the required info, the restriction will be lifted

Best of luck

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got mine removed by an Advisor on o2 Chat.  Told him that I've got no Credit Card.  He just removed the restriction for me.

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27616 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I got mine removed by an Advisor on o2 Chat.  Told him that I've got no Credit Card.  He just removed the restriction for me.

I did the same too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Betablue
Level 4: Observant
  • 57 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I did the ID in store. That was a couple of years ago. They phoned someone to tell them (I presumed CS), in any case, success!
Message 6 of 9

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Drwatz and welcome Wave Have you managed to removed the age restriction from your account since you last posted? There's some really good advice above, please keep us in the loop of your progress slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 9

RyanM623
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am currently having this same issue only thing is I don’t own ethier a Credit card,Passport or Drivers Licence nor have I ever owned one & im 32 years old 😑
Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@RyanM623 

See the anwer here on your other thread. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Remove-Adult-content-lock/m-p/1301701#M177798 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9