Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejected for contract

Rejected
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So, a few days ago. I applied for 2 contracts with o2 separately (due to stock being available at the time). The first time I went through the process but cancelled as they had my old details for a closed account so cancelled and it said, I would have to have another credit check if I cancelled at this point.
So I then completed it a second time and it went through all ok. Then a third time for the 2nd handset (as stock was available) and again this went through ok. However.... on the day they were going to dispatch the handsets, a bill had come out of my account meaning the upfront cost wasn’t there to be taken. After speaking with o2, they said both orders had been cancelled due to the funds not being available.
I then went through the process again but it rejected the application!

At present, I currently have the 2 upfront costs pending in my account so although my bank is honouring o2 to take the funds, they now won’t as the orders are already cancelled automatically from their end.

Is anyone aware why I may now have been rejected (after previously being accepted theoretically 3 times!) and how do I get around this?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
You were rejected due to multiple credit checks in a short period of time.
The only way around this is to wait for the checks to drop off the search criteria and reapply.
10 days should be enough time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
You were rejected due to multiple credit checks in a short period of time.
The only way around this is to wait for the checks to drop off the search criteria and reapply.
10 days should be enough time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Rejected Just sounds like too many applications and credit checks happening at once, and you not having enough funds seems to have sealed it. You'll need to speak to customer service again, but I expect you'll have to wait several weeks at least.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 10

Rejected
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok thanks for your quick help
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Just leave it a couple of weeks and make sure your bank balance is healthy and it should all go well next time.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Definitely to many credit checks and the time you need to wait varies with different credit agencies. It's usually a month to be sure otherwise you are going to have the same issues again. Caught in a vicious circle. 

Message 6 of 10

Rejected
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So annoying. Especially as I know I passed all three! But I think I will wait a month as last suggestion.
Thanks for all replies.
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Let us know how you get on.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Rejected
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Will do. 

Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics