Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refused data plan while I have money in my account

KingAmo
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 287 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 30 Solutions
Okay so I don't really understand about this whole credit check. What is it's purpose actually? I thought it was to check if the individual can pay for what he has planned to get. Well so my problem is I had £100 in my PAYG account and I wanted to move to pay monthly as I got a very nice offer from O2. So today I went to the store and asked them to help me out. I chose a £7 per month for 12 months plan. And if you calculate my £100 can offset the bill for the whole 12 months and I will have some left. But they did a credit check on me, I know well enough my credit score is bad as I haven't taken out any contract before.

But I was declined even with the amount of money I had in my PAYG account. I really don't understand why. Can anyone elaborate this for me as the one who attended to me didn't explain for my understanding?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@KingAmo 

It's a catch 22 as although your PAYG balance would be transferred to your contract, it's not actually there at the moment, and the computer is dumb, so it just checks your eligibility for credit.

You could try asking customer services to refer your case to the credit referrals team and if the appeal is successful, a note will be placed on your account allowing the change of contract for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2