Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refused a refund

StephenHeather
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, so nearly 2 years ago I took out a sim only contract for a Iwatch that I had purchased from apple. After two days of both receiving my iwatch and taking out the contract with o2 I learned the watch was no good and would not function properly as I have tattoo sleeves on my arms and the sensors on the watch woukd not work because of the ink in the tattoo. Watch was returned to apple with full refund as this was a known issue to them. I also phoned and cancelled the sim contract with o2 as was no longer needed! This was within a couple of days of taking it out. The lady I spoke to said she had cancelled it and no more action was needed etc.

two years later on I phone o2 to cancel my phone contract as I was moving to another provider, which was done with no problem. But while on the phone doing this I was informed that I still had the sim only contract for the iwatch running and was still taking £5 a month from my account! This is the contract I previously took out 2 years ago and cancelled immediately  2 days later.

after talking to very helpful guy from o2 I was insured that I would get a refund for the error but had to go through the proper channels, ie email complaints department. After many business days (not 5) I was the emailed to tell me that I would not get a refund as it was my responsibility to have checked with my bank that they were no longer taking payment. I like most people have many big bills and money coming in and out of my account all month, so seeing £5 a month going out of my account IS going to go unnoticed. This is disgusting that this happened at all let alone being refused my money back on the error of o2.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@StephenHeather 

Fairly typical response now that Virgin are involved in the money grabbing process.

Your only option now is to request a letter of deadlock from O2 and escalate your complaint to the Ombudsman.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@StephenHeather 

Fairly typical response now that Virgin are involved in the money grabbing process.

Your only option now is to request a letter of deadlock from O2 and escalate your complaint to the Ombudsman.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

StephenHeather
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah I agree, I knew this would never be a smooth and easy fix. But your right the Ombudsmen looks like my next option.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Good luck.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4