cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refused Contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 999 rating with Experian and a 526 rating with Equifax and have been refused a sim only monthly contract. I already have one  monthly contract with O2 paid by standing order. Never missed a payment . Home owner , never had a credit problem or debt problem of any kind. What is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Bit of a mick take that they won't discuss why you were declined.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

02 has done the same thing with me. I ve been with them for about 5 years and they refuse me a contract. Most of my family and friends are on 02, and none of them happy with it. I ve got a contract with vodafone (same one 02 declined, and it gone through smoothly). 02 will loose so many customers like this, and look like they dont bother even.

Best of luck 02.

Message 12 of 19

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Has your credit rating dropped in the past 5 years?

Missed any phone bills?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

No!! Never missed or delayed a bill. Always paid on time. Not really sure why 02 is rejecting it.

Message 14 of 19

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I'm terribly sorry to hear that. Have you tried an appeal? Something these computer automated checkers get a little overzealous. If it gets a bad entry it may just deny the process to be safe.

Have a word with 202 and see where to go from here. I can understand your frustration but I guarantee its not personal and its most likly a mistake. O2 are normally pretty good with saying sorry.

Message 15 of 19

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@liquid this poster has another thraed with there issue http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/I-am-an-02-customer-from-last-5-years/m-p/457748...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 16 of 19

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Ergh! Hadn't realised. Thanks.
Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recently been refused a contract, also with excellent ratings from both Experian and Equifax.  After much banging on head against brick wall with the credi referral team, the usual email about commerciallly sensitive information and worry about id theft I lodged a complaint with O2.  Within 48 hours I had a lady tell me that the reason for refusal was dual names on the application, something the O2 stores (I checked with a couple) told me was allowed.  I told her of my fears of id theft and that it was unacceptable of O2 to pass the buck to a third party (the credit agencies, one of whom confirmed they had never even received a request) and after a while I think she realised I was not going away, she contacted the referral team herself who confirmed the reason and that once the contract was set up, you can change the monthly payment account but not before.  I would suggest the only reason I got an answer was because I complained and whilst I agree this should not be the case, suggest it is the only way to get an answer.

Message 18 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

As the thread dates back to April I would imagine they're sorted out now.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 19 of 19