Refund immediately after online purchase

Alexandjef
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello

Wondering if anyone can help.

I went online and took out a new ipad contract, with a 495 upfront deposits that I would get back after 3 months.

I right away changed my mind due to realising I made is mistake and couldnt really afford the device so I called and asked for my order to be cancelled.

I was told it was, but they couldn’t stop the charge. I rang my bank who couldn’t help, so rang back and told the order was being processed, but scedualed to be cancelled and when it was I would receive the deposit back in about 2 weeks back to my o2 account (which I don’t have!) and I could then have it sent back.

I THEN got an email to say the order was to late to cancel - so had to just turn the delivery down.

So I rang back - and some said the order was being cancelled and the money would be back within 72 hours. They confirmed the previous information was incorrect - but I’m still unsure.

Does anyone know how and when I will see my £500?
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Or you could cancel under the 14 day change of mind policy

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 19

Baz
Level 4: Observant
  • 74 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Alexandjef as long as you pay your bills on time, you will get your deposit back after 3 months, which means you will see it as a credit on your 4th bill. You can then choose to leave it to pay further bills from or ask for it to be returned to your bank account.

Would @Alexandjef  even have to make any payments as the way I read it @MI5 is that they are trying to cancel the order full stop ?

Message 12 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Baz 

@Alexandjef  would only pay if they decided to keep the device. Currently, as you noted, they are trying to cancel.

IF the order has gone through, there is the option to cancel under the 14 day change of mind policy, which I posted above. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 19

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Baz wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

@Alexandjef as long as you pay your bills on time, you will get your deposit back after 3 months, which means you will see it as a credit on your 4th bill. You can then choose to leave it to pay further bills from or ask for it to be returned to your bank account.

Would @Alexandjef  even have to make any payments as the way I read it @MI5 is that they are trying to cancel the order full stop ?

My post was answering post 6 but I should have quoted it to be clearer.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 19

Alexandjef
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello, thanks for all the info folks.

Bit of an update.

So, before I made another call I logged into the app and website. Previously, it had my name and contact info - but nothing regarding an account. Then, yesterday - it had fully updated account information - bills, usage, plan details, everything to suggest I have an active account. Just to note, I’ve not collect the device yet or received an delivery information. The app also allows me to track my order - which has a tracking Referance with UK Mail - it’s due for delivery tomorrow.

So, I called customer service back - much less hastle now I have a mobile number as Referance (previously they took about 10 minutes just to locate my account) and the agent had no idea what was going on, and was unfortunately very unhelpful. She stated my order was in the process of being cancelled and still being furfilled. I asked for clarification. She said, it’s showing as cancelled their end - but will be delivered as normal. She said to cancel the order I need to refuse delivery, wait and eventually get a refund. Or, if I want the device I can just accept as normal.

This is now the 4/5 different information I’ve been given - all conflicting. I feel as if it’s been made impossible for me to cancel the order - leaving me with the 14 day change of mind policy, hoping I give in and accept the order. Which, to be honest I might do.

I’m looking at my chances now of a refund - and I feel it might be easier to take the item and get the deposit back in 3 months rather than persist with a cancellation and just cross my fingers the money gets back to me.

I’ll be making a full complaint when I’ve got the device and hope someone can provide some reassurance this isn’t a true reflection of o2 customer service.
Message 15 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Alexandjef 

As far as I can see it you have three options.

*Return the device within the 14 day cooling off period as I stated previously

*Refuse delivery and wait until they credit your money back to your account

*Keep the device and get deposit back after you have made three months of on time payments, (the money would take till the 4th month to be credited back)

However my responses have been based on the fact you felt you couldn't afford it (in your first post)

That being so and if it was me, I would either return under the device under the cooling off period, OR refuse delivery.

It seems the device has NOT been cancelled.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 19

Alexandjef
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the reply.

When I was took the device originally, I didn’t factor in a few upcoming payments - so that’s why I figured it would be best to put this on hold until they are paid - but when I was told I would have to wait 1-4 weeks for a refund to eventually be back into my account - I’ve reluctantly decided I’d have to dip into my credit card to cover these.

What’s the feedback generally with people getting the deposit back? At first I was confident about seeing the £500 again in a few months time but now I’m not quite as convinced.
Message 17 of 19

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Alexandjef as per my post above, provided you make the payments on time, you'll get refunded on your 4th bill, but you'll probably need to remind them after you pay the third one.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 19

Francesco8
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Alexandjef 

Did you sort it out?

Message 19 of 19