Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh - Once phone is paid off

ajo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 24 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry if this has been covered but im still not that clear.

Once the phone part has been paid off, do I still have to pay the same line rental for 24 months or am I free to cancel/downgrade?

Just trying to work out what is best for me as I will be able to pay the phone price in full first thing anyway.

Thanks

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No worries chaps - Good luck slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 28

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Unless you live a major city where I live there is still no 4G coverage. My intentions was to move to 4G on my next contract. However at the moment, the extra money and data would be mostly used as a 3G signal. Which is a shame.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 22 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slightly off-topic but can't see how to create a new one :

My contract term has expired and the "guru" on Livechat told me I couln't take out a lower contract but that

I could opt for a Sim-only contract, keeping my number by visiting the Simplicity pages.

I did this and now O2 are telling me that I am getting a new Sim delivered with a new telephone number !!

Livechat has become unavailable as the only employee on there has gone home early !

Any ideas ???

Message 23 of 28

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You should just upgrade your current account to simo but it sounds like you have taken a new one.
You need to call CS on 202 tomorrow to sort this out or else you will be paying 2 contracts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 28

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Ring customer service in the morning. You don't need a new simcard to change to Simplicity. I would advise against using live chat. You will be able to sort it out by calling them.

Message 25 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll try !

The website told be there were no upgrades avaiable on my account, which is why I went to Livechat.

I only did what I was told guv !

Message 26 of 28

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We believe you - Trouble is, you were told a load of rubbish 😞

Currently using:
Message 27 of 28

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes, badly advised but I'm sure it will all be sorted for you in the morning.

Message 28 of 28