Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh Insurance

red1986
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI im wondering if someone can give some advice - when i went into O2 to discuss the refresh option, they said it included 1 free screen replacement as standard.

Ive smashed my screen and just called customer service - they said as i picked the cinema ticket option and not mobile phone insurance i cant get this.

Two things....1 i cant rmember at any stage ever being asked to chose either of these as an option - i would def of chosen insurance as i never go to the cinema, i thought the tickets were one of the O2 rewards things

and 2. ive searched my T&C's but was the guys in the shop lying about 1 replacement being included on the refresh package?

Any advice owuld be appreciated!

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

How are you getting on with this @red1986?

We've checked on our end as well, and found out that the eligibility for the free screen replacement is based on whether you opted for one of the O2 refresh 24 month tariffs with a data allowance of 20GB 30GB or 50GB at the point of upgrade. You'd be eligible for both the popcorn pass and the FOC screen replacement, as long as you take one of these tariffs. 

However you'd loose the free screen replacement option if you decide to change your tariff and lower your plan below 20GB, or if you go back up to a plan above 20GB afterwards. 

Hope this helps, and thanks @MI5, @Anonymous, @Cleoriff and @jonsie for your help above slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You should of had both. It wasn’t a choice of either/or.
The free screen replacement appears as a bolt on in your MyO2 so look in there to see if you had it.

What phone did you get and when?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Help page here https://www.o2.co.uk/screenreplacement
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@red1986 wrote:

HI im wondering if someone can give some advice - when i went into O2 to discuss the refresh option, they said it included 1 free screen replacement as standard.

Ive smashed my screen and just called customer service - they said as i picked the cinema ticket option and not mobile phone insurance i cant get this.

Two things....1 i cant rmember at any stage ever being asked to chose either of these as an option - i would def of chosen insurance as i never go to the cinema, i thought the tickets were one of the O2 rewards things

and 2. ive searched my T&C's but was the guys in the shop lying about 1 replacement being included on the refresh package?

Any advice owuld be appreciated!

Hi, please be aware that free screen replacement is only available with some tariffs, for example, when had this offer, it was only available on tariffs 25 and 50Gb, changing tariff or selecting anything bellow that will remove or not entitle you to the free screen replacement bolt on

Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It was available on the S9, S9+ and iPhone X as shown in the link given above...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm not sure of the issue here it's showing as a bolt on in My O2 you are entitled. My understanding is that the phone was covered for free screen replacement for one time only. 

Message 6 of 10

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

How are you getting on with this @red1986?

We've checked on our end as well, and found out that the eligibility for the free screen replacement is based on whether you opted for one of the O2 refresh 24 month tariffs with a data allowance of 20GB 30GB or 50GB at the point of upgrade. You'd be eligible for both the popcorn pass and the FOC screen replacement, as long as you take one of these tariffs. 

However you'd loose the free screen replacement option if you decide to change your tariff and lower your plan below 20GB, or if you go back up to a plan above 20GB afterwards. 

Hope this helps, and thanks @MI5, @Anonymous, @Cleoriff and @jonsie for your help above slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 10

red1986
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello!

Still no resolution - i was prmosied a customer complaint repsonse within 24 hours and still waiting.....

when i look at my bolt on's its not there - neither is any mention of the cineam pass that i apparently have too thought so not sure if thats where it would be shown!

Im only a 3GB allowance - i only use the phone for calls and texts - so maybe it wasnt included but the information was incorrect when i was sold the phone then! 

Thanks for everyones advice so far!

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No sorry it was never included on that tariff.
The cinema popcorn pass was also by redemption. You would of had a leaflet with a link to an app to download and register for it.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 10 of 10