Did you mean: 

Refresh - Bold Claims

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

Hey folks,

Having been shocked by the price of the lumia 950 (thats a whole other story lol). I decided to review other networks, CPW and sim free options.

On the O2 website, they claim that 63% of refresh customers save. Well, I've done the math based on its current offerings and i don't think this is right. Not unless they are assuming 63% will pay off the handset early and save on line rental.

In fact, ive noticed that some plans are more expensive on refresh, never mind the handset.

I get that O2 are the only network to offer refresh, but i think they need to refresh their current handset pricing to stay competitive.

I guess the days when the network subsidised handsets are long gone.

Discuss tongue

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
You still a "normal" 24 month contract through a 3rd party.
Message 11 of 17

Pureview
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am via Carphone Warehouse but like the idea of dealing directly with O2 and being on a lower tariff once I have paid off the handset, but this is negated as it will take 8.5 months after a 'normal' contract has ended to get to evens. I fail to see how the premium price for the handset via O2 is correct, let alone the £150 upfront. You can get the Iphone 6 for the same deal, not that I wish to.

Message 12 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

As we say often though....its all down to personal choice and what suits the individual need at the time. I always buy the phone outright and go for sim only. Not everyone has the option to do that though...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 17

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
And sometimes that's not the cheapest option, especially if your still in contract.
Message 14 of 17

Riffster007
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just brought a Lumia 950XL through Carphone warehouse (O2 Contract) on an upgrade. It's costing me £32.50 a month with no upfront pricing.

I'm surprised that I can get the bigger handset that O2 have decided not to stock for the same monthly price as O2 are doing the smaller handset and an upfront fee!! It seems like madness to me.

Message 15 of 17

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Well, Im a high data user. I love the idea of the XL but dont think i could live with the size out in the wild.

I took the 950 on 5GB plan (unlimited calls and texts), no upfront fee for 35 a month.
Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Competition thats the name of the game
Message 17 of 17