Did you mean: 

Recieving calls when non EU roaming

Buttshill
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I was recently in Northern Cyprus and kept getting calls from a 0800 number. Every time my phone rang i was charged £2.00 even though I rejected the calls.

I queried this with the customer service and couldn't get a complete answer.

Why do you get charged when you reject the call.

I have since set my additional costs to£0 to prevent such problems.

Thanks 

John 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10971 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3125 Solutions

@Buttshill 

Even setting your spend cap to £0 wont help, as roaming costs dont count towards it Guide: Spend caps on O2 

Also this is how roaming has always worked, as you reject the call and it goes to voicemal so you get charged for the international call to Voicemail, and Northern Cyprus is not part of the EU, its part of Turkey..

Best thing to do is turn off Voicemail before you travel... And you wont get refunded anything, as you are technically making a call back to the UK.. 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 7

Buttshill
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The calls when rejected never went to voicemail.

So I will be charged for anyone who calls and even though I don't pick up will still be charged. ,😕

Message 3 of 7

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7412 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 1615 Solutions

If the voicemail clicks in and at that point the caller hangs, you will still be charged.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 7

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37688 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1710 Solutions

Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 is best disabled before travel - 1760 disables it, but that short code does not work everywhere, so go into your MyO2 app, on Account option at the bottom of the screen, then Device Details and check the drop downs as below when next on WiFi somewhere - disable all diverts to Voicemail in there:

1000022255.png

Message 5 of 7

Buttshill
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the info on voicemail, but as I cancelled/rejected the call it didn't go to voicemail, so why was I charged, that's my query.

Message 6 of 7

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7412 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 1615 Solutions

Depends how you call forwarding is set up

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 7