Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reception problems - BR2 and SE1 etc

SaraBromley
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, over the past four weeks my reception is getting worse and I'm struggling to get calls to either connect or not drop out within seconds of being answered. Primarily in the BR2 and SE1 postcode areas where I live and work. I've had several conversations with 02 and they've switched my sim card, reset network etc but no difference at all.

Yesterday I discovered that two colleagues on 02 are having the same problem and then later that day my next door neighbour. Seems to be a network problem that 02 aren't admitting to. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hi @SaraBromley you can check the network status here http://status.o2.co.uk/ and report faults through the MyNetwork app https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

SaraBromley
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Cheers, I've been checking the network status and reported onlinse and instore, nothing's changed so far...

Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Persevere with it......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

SaraBromley
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sadly, I'm having a nightmare. 02 storehad me in tears last week, referred me to Samsung, took a day off losing a days pay, visited Samsung store, they proved it was an 02 signal issue and now plucking up courage to get in touch with 02.

Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @SaraBromley, it's been a while since you last posted about the reception issue. I wanted to check if you got anywhere with it in the end, got any information from Customer Service?

Message 7 of 9

SaraBromley
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Social media team were great and got my phone replaced.  Complaints manager upheld my complaint and put some credit on my account.  New phone is working.  Seems it was phone and not 02 reception.

Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@SaraBromley wrote:

Social media team were great and got my phone replaced.  Complaints manager upheld my complaint and put some credit on my account.  New phone is working.  Seems it was phone and not 02 reception.

Excellent news @SaraBromley Pleased it all worked out well for you. thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9