cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reception in the Bournemouth area..

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a O2 contract on a Nexus 5 and starting from about 1 month ago the reception in Bournemouth centre (especially) and othe areas is really bad; I can't navigate (even if the connection is hdspa) and calls are afoten dropped.

I called o2 to resolve the problem and their advice was to change my apn (so, it only afftected internet); the change made it just worse and it didn't resolve the issues with calls.

Don't know what I can do now.

Thanks

A.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked thestatus of the service; I think there's  a big problem with the antenna in the bournemouth centre area as it shows

Sorry we are experiencing high service demand in this area
A mast close to your location is experiencing a high level of demand for service. This can cause intermittent service for calls, texts and data. We’re working to improve it as quickly as we can. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Updated 07:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

and it is just early morning.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and Welcome to the forum

This could be mast congestion which is something you cannot resolve I'm afraid.

Check your service status here via your full postcode http://status.o2.co.uk

It's telling me.....

"Live results for Bournemouth, Bournemouth

A mast close to your location is experiencing a high level of demand for service. This can cause intermittent service for calls, texts and data. We’re working to improve it as quickly as we can. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Updated 06:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet."

But please try with your full postcode.

Look at the bottom of the screen in service status for 'planned maintenance'

Keep checking the service status page and when it's showing as good reboot your phone by turning it off and on.

If you still experience signal issues then here are some tips for future use.

Here are some generic self help tips http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

Are other people in your area experiencing the same issues on O2.

Get them to report this too if so.

You all can do this by downloading the MYNETWORK App to report the masts.

Sometimes switching off 3G to make your phone work on 2G can help with calls ,but as a side effect will give you slower internet speeds.

Sometimes having an O2 high street store perform a sim swap where they transfer your mobile number and tariff onto a new SIM card can help if your own sim is playing up. It takes from a few minutes to approx 24 hours for your services to settle after the sim swap process.

Finally if you can try out an alternative phone as a process of elimination ,just to make sure your phone is not the issue.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,

I am going to try phone swap as I have already checked with mynetwork (reporting a couple of times my problems).

One of the things I noticed is that everything starts after my phone get disconnected from hdspa (I work in a building where there are areas with no reception at all) then reconnect and it then shows full signal but it just doesn't work..

Thanks anyway

A.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Theirs nothing stopping you doing that, but I would perhaps wait until the service status is perhaps showing clear of issues in your area.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked thestatus of the service; I think there's  a big problem with the antenna in the bournemouth centre area as it shows

Updated 07:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

and it is just early morning.

Thanks

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes ,that's what I saw which I intimated in my first reply to you. slight_smile

Wait until that clears and shows as good and go from there is my advice.
Message 6 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's a country wide issue at the moment 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bearer of bad news here but please don't expect quick upgrades. It has taken me 9 months to get my local work mast upgraded which back in October was showing the same message as yours. It got upgraded at the end of May and went live in June.

Please report the issue and get others on o2 to do so too in order for o2 to consider priority.
Message 8 of 8