Did you mean: 

Recently joined O2, but my previous number is still not transferred

petiweb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear Community,

We are facing an interesting situation regarding transferring our old phone numbers to O2 and hope you can advice.

My girlfriend and myself were under the same EE account (of course with different phone numbers). We saw a very good deal at O2 and ordered two SIM only plans at O2.

We requested PAC code at EE for both of our EE phone numbers and during ordering both O2 SIM only deals, we provided the PAC code.

We received the two O2 SIM cards on Tuesday (07 April) and inserted them in our phones. (Note: we did not text SWAP as we were not O2 customers previously).

As far as we know transferring phone numbers should be done in 1 working day. This did not happen so on Wednesday afternoon we filled out the keep phone number O2 online form for both my girlfriend and myself. Note: I received an automated message in the evening that there was an error and I should fill out again. My girlfriend did not receive any error message.

I was able to get in touch with a customer service person Wednesday evening and provided him with my details - he initiated the number transfer again and he said that the number transfer should be done until next Wednesday (15 April).

In the meantime we inserted the EE sims to another phone and both EE sims are still active (as I expect them because the EE service will be deactived once the number transfer is done).

Can you please advice why the phone number transfer did not happen initially? Why wasn't it done since 07 April as we provided the PAC codes during SIM ordering?

My main concern is I'm still paying after the EE service until the account will be deactivated (until the number transfer will be done) - so basically paying unnecessarily more than double money.

Furthermore I can't walk into the O2 store to sort out my issue and it's impossible to get in touch with someone.

Did any of you had a similar issue? Did I do everything right and I just need to wait some extra business days?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23553 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3749 Solutions

@petiweb Ports are taking much longer than normal. O2 don't do ports on the weekends anyway, and it's possible that Bank Holidays are included in that too. At least you still have service from your EE account. Better than nothing. You can try to call customer service tomorrow, as everything is closed today. Best time to call will be 8 am.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93336 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Everything is taking longer due to the lockdown. Call centres and social distancing means limited staff to handle all the queries. Patience needed I'm afraid.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
Other numbers to try
0800 977 7337
0800 587 4005
0800 0901808

Message 3 of 4

petiweb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you very much both of you. The porting of both our phone numbers were successful but as you suggested took much longer than normally.

Thank you very much again.

Message 4 of 4