Did you mean: 

Recently changed address

Georgepower
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there,

I want to change my network from EE to 02 and that would mean I have to apply for a contract again. I don’t really have any issue with this as my credit score is apparently excellent according to Equifax.

My only issue is I’ve recently moved address in the last week so I’m no longer on the electoral roll and my old address however my new address isn’t showing up on my credit report and my updated driving licence hasn’t arrived either.

I don’t really want to apply if this is going to be an issue but I’m wondering if anyone else has had a similar situation? If I apply should I use my old address details?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Georgepower 

You really should use your new address as your phone would be delivered there. Personally I would contact O2 customer services on the numbers given in this link Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

They are best to advise you

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Georgepower 

You will fail the O2 credit check if you use new address.

Best way would be to go in store to get your contract with your old address and then change your address with O2 when all the changes have gone through.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Georgepower
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I thought the same but I’m no longer on the electoral register at my old address which can fail me anyways.
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Then speak to customer services @Georgepower  as it appears to be a catch 22 situation for you at this current time...Or if you went instore with ID and documents like a utility bill showing your new address this may work...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Ah, I see.
I guess you'll need to wait until all the paperwork catches up then I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Georgepower , hope you had a nice weekend. Just wanted to ask how you're getting on with this and if you maybe had a chance to speak with customer service in the end or visit a store? 

Message 7 of 7