Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving international calls from abroad

Brickie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My daughter has just been charged for calls she received from me while I was in America and Canada. One charge for accepting the call and a further  charge for the call. These charges amount to £80

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Brickie If you were calling your daughter on your UK mobile number and she has a UK mobile number she should not have been charged. Even if you were calling from a US number she shouldn't have been charged. She needs to speak to customer service. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Edit: Was your daughter in the UK at the time?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

b4u2
Level 8: Talented
  • 368 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
never answer a call while abroad. also do not text while abroad and dont make a call while abroad
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Brickie If you were calling your daughter on your UK mobile number and she has a UK mobile number she should not have been charged. Even if you were calling from a US number she shouldn't have been charged. She needs to speak to customer service. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Edit: Was your daughter in the UK at the time?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unfortunately you are charged for receiving calls when abroad and outside of the EU. Charges can be found here http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Brickie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To clarify, I added an international bolt on to my O2 mobile. I was calling my daughter from USA and Canada on my mobile. She was in UK and received my calls on her O2 mobile.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
OK, so your bolt on is only valid for calling from the UK, not whilst abroad. You need the O2 Travel bolt on when abroad, but definitely, your daughter should not be charged for receiving any calls whilst in the UK. It's an obvious question, but are you sure she was in the UK when you called?
Assuming she was, customer services need to explain why they think the charges are valid on her account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Brickie, I was wondering if you'd managed to clarify those charges with Customer Service since you last posted - any progress? Please let us know how you're getting on, and if you have any other questions slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7