Did you mean: 

Receiving calls from a French mobile but not Text messages

Richard13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good morning all,

This month, we came over to O2 from TalkTalk and our son was over from France. Whilst here, he sent text messages to our mobile but we did not receive them. He has received texts and calls from us and we have received texts from others in the UK.

He is now back in France and still unable to text us although he can phone us. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Thanks, Richard

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Richard13 

You need to check your blocked message list to check you haven't blocked the number for texts.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Richard13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the suggestion but there are no numbers blocked.

Regards,  Richard

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I'll ask @O2Lisa to contact you in the morning to check the sms handoff between the foreign network and O2.

She'll need some more info from you so expect a private message anytime after 8.00am @Richard13 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Richard13 

Meantime, check the help here to see if anything helps Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Richard13 , let us know how you're getting on with this one and if you still need any additional help? slight_smile

Message 6 of 8

O2Jordan
  • 305 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous  can you please pick this up

signature
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@O2Jordan Thanks for the tag, @Richard13 Will send you a private message regarding the issue.

Thanks

O2Simon

Message 8 of 8