Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really bad network signal for over a year till only a month ago in Hull

Natalied
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am very angry with the signal recieved for over the past year in Hull, i do understand that the masts needed upgrading but both of my phones and my ipad said they had 3g but would not connect to anything and calls dropped. When i called customer services i was told it was my phones and i needed to send them away to be looked at so i would be without a phone! I pay alot with O2 and only recently since 4g has come in my phone has worked properly. Shorly compensation should be given for the service recieved?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If you detail all your issues in an official complaint, they will look at your case and make a decision http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I agree it's a long time to struggle with signal, I wouldn't have been happy. Make the complaint and see what they say but I would've complained long before now tbh.

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't this a bit of a minefield complaining about coverage - don't the mobile companies make no promises because of the numerous factors that can impact the quality of coverage.

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yes, they all generally cover themselves in the T&C's but for extended periods they have been known to offer goodwill gestures, although this isn't guaranteed by any means.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

They have been known to release people from their contracts depending on time and circumstances which is what I would have pushed for after a couple of months. Too late now the area has been upgraded but they may well offer a goodwill gesture.

Message 6 of 6