Did you mean: 

Really bad Data where I work

KingsHill
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I work in Kings Hill, West Mailling, Kent. ME19 4AJ
I have complained several times about having no data in this area and today is no different. Once again, while on my lunch break, I can not get any data. On my last chat with someone they advised to switch from 4G to 3G which worked for a few weeks but even that is not an option anymore as there seems to be no 3G connection around here anymore.

I am getting really fed up with not having data around here, I am unable to do anything I need to do, personally, while on lunch. I also cannot use my company wifi due to restrictions they put on it. So I literally have no data. Unable to go on to websites, pay bills, send emails, browse facebook, nothing. I spend 5 days a week in this area and I am unable to use data, that I pay for!

Could someone please come back to me with how I can get around this.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@KingsHill Check your post code here: O2 | Service Status  O2 are aware there's a mast problem in your area. Repairs can sometimes take a while, and O2 normally don't give time frames on repairs.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@KingsHill 

There's very little you can do if a mast is out. Check here Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

You could also download the My Network app, where you can get updates and directly report issues

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network 

Also you may be given some compensation if you speak to O2.

All numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

You may have to think long and hard about changing networks. Try a few PAYG sims and see what works best for you.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

Slushpuppy1
Level 3: Thinker
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Not much help I know, but I used to work at Kingshill up until a few years ago and the data/calls signal was very poor then, I had always use the companies guest Wifi, so nothings changed by the look of it, it could also be the amount of users given the offices and homes nearby, 

Message 4 of 7

KingsHill
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply. It seems to be the mast all the time! For the last 3-4 years I have complained and every time I am told its the mast. It can't always be down.

I have had compensation in the past, but they seem reluctant to give anymore.

I have been with O2 for many years and never had any problems, until my company moved offices from Dartford to Kings Hill. I don't really want to leave them, but if this carries on I may have to.

Message 5 of 7

KingsHill
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thats what I was told on my latest chat to them that its the amount of users. So I was suggested to change my Mobile data from 4G to 3G, because everyone would be using the 4G. Which made sense and it worked for a while. But it seems that O2 have turned off the 3G in the area now.

Message 6 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@KingsHill As said, if you put your post code into the status checker, this is what comes back:

Sorry, a phone mast close to you isn't working.

Looks like a phone mast near to you isn't working as it should, sorry. Our engineers are on the case but your service might come and go until we fix it.

O2 has not turned off 3G in your area.

Have you asked anyone in your office who's on a different network if they're having problems? If they aren't, you need to think about switching.

If you need to use the free WiFi services that are available in your area during your lunch breaks, make sure you use a VPN if you're going to pay bills or do any banking business.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 7