cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready to upgrade, Found a deal on mobiles website still through o2 is it a simple process?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so i have had my Samsung S5 for 3 years+ Now and i am out of my contract,
I have found a deal i want to take online through the website Mobiles.co.uk on a samsung S8 Which is still with o2 (as i 100% want to stay with o2)
is it a simple process to keep the same number As my last contract was from an o2 store in town,

I'm a bit of a N00b with this stuff so any help is appriciated
Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Just call o2 when you have your new contract and ask them to migrate your old number to the new account.
This will end your old contract and generate the final bill.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Just call o2 when you have your new contract and ask them to migrate your old number to the new account.
This will end your old contract and generate the final bill.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahh brill thank you,

This is the deal i found
https://www.mobiles.co.uk/samsung-galaxy-s8?affiliate=awinm-169609&awc=380_1511211621_da17f04e42064f...

So if i Buy it now i shouldnt have any probs with o2's end ??
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
None at all.
It's a very simple phone call, that's all.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brilliant, Thanks for a quick reply, just 1 more question on the subject ... As the site shows it would be £29 per month for that deal... would there be any other costs that id have to pay ? like line rental or anything? or is that all included in that price ?

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It's a standard 24 month contract so that is the total price.
Only extras would be if you used over any allowances or used services not included in those allowances.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
you have been awesome, thanks for the help grin
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Enjoy your new phone slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8