cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-activate old contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
The contract on my old phone ran out about a year ago ( I upgraded and changed my number/contract ) since then I was using the old phone as a iPod, now my sister wants to use the phone, is there any way to re-activate the phone/contract, can the phone ever be used properly again?
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes You should be able to insert any O2 SIM card in it wether it be PAYG or contract and use the phone again.

To see if it's unlocked to all networks just try another non uk SIM card.

Your old contract I assume will be dead so your sister will have to choose their own , sim only maybe or use a PAYG.

Edit : spelling.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes You should be able to insert any O2 SIM card in it wether it be PAYG or contract and use the phone again.

To see if it's unlocked to all networks just try another non uk SIM card.

Your old contract I assume will be dead so your sister will have to choose their own , sim only maybe or use a PAYG.

Edit : spelling.
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

If mean reactivate the old sim that you had then the answer is no, but your sister can set up her own sim only contract in an O2 store or order it online or you can order a free pay and go sim for her here https://www.o2.co.uk/freesim/

Hope this helps. slight_smile

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Get the phone unlocked http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca... and you can use any sim in it from any network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4