cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Starting a new pay monthly contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Be warned carphone warehouse will LIE to you. They will tell you you cannot keep your number as you are staying on the same network but not upgrading. I went for the same deal and was told I couldn't keep my number and would have to pay an extra £80 up front to upgrade and keep my number. I therefore cancelled my contract. Don't let them tell you the same lie.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Be warned carphone warehouse will LIE to you. They will tell you you cannot keep your number as you are staying on the same network but not upgrading. I went for the same deal and was told I couldn't keep my number and would have to pay an extra £80 up front to upgrade and keep my number. I therefore cancelled my contract. Don't let them tell you the same lie.

Complete rubbish and needs reporting to CPW complaints.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
More comission for new contracts though innit !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
More comission for new contracts though innit !

And there you have it...simply greed and money to take home at the end of the month without a thought to the customer who may well fall victim.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried phoning them. They said the same thing and so refused to reinstate the deal I wanted. This is despite having spoken to O2 customer services assistants with them both saying the same thing and me having it in writing. I've now emailed a complaint so we shall see what happens next.

Oh and to make it even better. Despite the fact I immediately refused/returned the contract they never cancelled it with O2. Cue me getting an email of a bill this afternoon and having to cancel the contract myself!

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
If you get no satisfaction from complaints you can report it to the communications ombudsman.
I'm sure they would be interested to hear customers are being lied too......
You can call Ombudsman Services: Communications on 0330 440 1614 or write to them at:
Ombudsman Services: Communications
PO Box 730
Warrington
WA4 6WU
http://www.ombudsman-services.org/communications.html

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

I've just seen another thread about misselling and incorrect information. Unfortunately these people have no conscience....

Message 8 of 8