cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Activating old number

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am a pay monthly customer and not to long a go had my number changed for reasons thought the old number is attached to other accounts of which I keep getting lockouts on and codes sent to as not great one for remembering stuff and updating numbers has left me stuck thought o2 don’t seem to be willing to re-activate old number and/or forward stuff on to my new one.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote “You are obviously not believing anything we say so we can't really help you any further on here. You will have to sort it out with customer service I'm afraid.”

I did not say that and very blunt thought

O2 have ROLLBACKED my number to 2071 and it is possible to get old numbers and I am happy to have my number back thought have to push for what you want ...

You don’t know all and told to question everything and honestly anything possible tho thanks for your blunt input ...

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you have changed your number then the old number is gone now. O2 can't reactivate it for you or forward anything sent to it. 

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm it’s still registered and showing on my account example when sending a code via online to change something it has old and new number and is first point of contact on my o2 account not my new number and to change that I need that number and also to get into other accounts I am not sure if it is really gone or o2 can’t be really bothered to reactivate it tho trying to de attached the other accounts slowly and adding my new one and a back up
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

9BF0446C-00D6-**Personal info**CB34F.jpeg

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Old number showing no option for my new number (depending on edits) and throwing this here for proof 

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Making your statement questionable 

“If you have changed your number then the old number is gone now. O2 can't reactivate it for you or forward anything sent to it.”

Message 6 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
In all honesty we would expect the old number to be dead.
Quite how you resolve this is purely in the hands of customer service I’m afraid though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 12

chrisymon
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

when a number is disconnected from the network it gets cleaned. After 6 months or so the number is then re circulated back on the network, if however when you changed your number and your old number was transfered to pay as you go which is normally offered in case you may need it in the future then you can have that number put back on your acount, but will costyou around 30 quid if this was done in the last 12 months.

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

“In all honesty we would expect the old number to be dead.
Quite how you resolve this is purely in the hands of customer service I’m afraid though.”

O2 haven’t got a clue thought chatting to them they say there systems don’t give in anyway nor understand why the number is there if it is meant to be gone and messages being sent go to one or the other at random and at my end I can’t do anything

“when a number is disconnected from the network it gets cleaned. After 6 months or so the number is then re circulated back on the network, if however when you changed your number and your old number was transfered to pay as you go which is normally offered in case you may need it in the future then you can have that number put back on your acount, but will costyou around 30 quid if this was done in the last 12 months.”

I don’t think numbers get disconnected when your on contract and was never given that option making that statement out of date or don’t want customers to know that

Message 9 of 12

chrisymon
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

If you changed your number the orginal numbers gets removed from the network hence dis connected from network  then your new number takes over, if it still showing then like I said it may of been transfered over to pay as you go. without knowing more on this account I couldnt give anymore advice. We all try to help in our free time. Hope you sort it.

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 10 of 12