Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: £`1.50 a month for a VAT invoice?

Mushu_3040
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I called O2 last week and requested a VAT invoice. I got it sent by Post and the only difference to the online bill is that it says "This is a VAT invoice". It's still missing the VAT number!!

I will try again, but I am looking at moving to other providers as soon as I can as they don't seem to have an issue with providing an electronic copy of the VAT invoice. It shouldn't require months of calling them to get what was, and still should be, easy to get.

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff for the mention slight_smile

@Mushu_3040 I'm sending you a PM now to get some more info, we'll see if we can understand what happened and help you get this sorted!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I have to ask again, what is so hard about there being a vat number on every electronic bill on which vat is charged when that it's the only difference to the bill in My O2? There is it seems a difference between a paper bill aand a vat bill.... apparently....

Presumably then @Mushu_3040, you have been charged the £1.50 for the exact piece of paper you could have printed yourself? 

Message 2 of 15

Mushu_3040
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They kindly "waived the charge this time", however, I still don't have what I need...

Message 3 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mushu_3040 wrote:

I called O2 last week and requested a VAT invoice. I got it sent by Post and the only difference to the online bill is that it says "This is a VAT invoice". It's still missing the VAT number!!

I will try again, but I am looking at moving to other providers as soon as I can as they don't seem to have an issue with providing an electronic copy of the VAT invoice. It shouldn't require months of calling them to get what was, and still should be, easy to get.

@EmilieT@MarjoAre you aware of this? Seems a bit pointless requesting a vat invoice if the vat number isn't included?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 15

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff for the mention slight_smile

@Mushu_3040 I'm sending you a PM now to get some more info, we'll see if we can understand what happened and help you get this sorted!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mushu_3040 Here is a four page thread about exactly the same issue.

Everyone else.

I wish McDonald's would go back using expanded polystyrene boxes for the larger burgers, but it's never going to happen. The reality is O2 no longer wish to issue VAT invoices unless they absolutely have to, so will make  obtaining them as difficult as possible. 

Message 6 of 15

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mushu_3040 Here is a four page thread about exactly the same issue.

Everyone else.

I wish McDonald's would go back using expanded polystyrene boxes for the larger burgers, but it's never going to happen. The reality is O2 no longer wish to issue VAT invoices unless they absolutely have to, so will make  obtaining them as difficult as possible. 

....and you know this for a fact?

Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think there would be the volume of complaints that we get about it if they did want want to issue them freely?

The problem is that no one will go as far as admitting in public that this is the policy because as you say there's a legal duty to provide them. There's a legal duty to do a lot of things doesn't mean people want or like to do them. All you get is a rationale for why device plans dont need VAT invoices & non-business customers don't need VAT invoices. When the reality is in 02's view nobody needs VAT invoices, except for those entities where VAT data is transferred electronically.

Message 8 of 15

Mushu_3040
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey all.

Quick update. O2 called me and added VAT bills to my account, so fingers crossed they have sorted it. Thank you all for your comments. Thank you @Cleoriff for bringing it to @EmilieT's attention as she got hold of the right people. Thank you @EmilieT for your help!

I will find out if it all worked OK in a couple of weeks smiley

Message 9 of 15

Duncana
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Mushu_3040 glad you got sorted. Do you have online access to VAT bills? 

@EmilieT tried to help me too. She got someone to call me, who left me a voice message twice. When I called back in on 202, as advised, no-one could help. I knew this would be the case because the first person I spoke with couldn't help. He said the only option was to issue paper bills at a cost of £1.50, hence the title of this thread.

When will the people who run call centres understand that if they do not train all their staff to the same level, they must provide direct access to the ones who can help. There is no point the one person who can help asking me to call back into the call centre. If they cannot, then sent an email like normal busy people. Or just fix it so when I download a bill, instead of it stating "This is not a VAY invoice" it state "Our VAT number is xxxxxx".

@EmilieTthis is not sorted as you thought, so no I cannot update the thread. In fact I am now more anoyed than before. 

Message 10 of 15