Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPI price increase 😡

Rippedoff
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am really at a loss how i am supposed to pay for this extortionate price increase- will be getting a cheap sim after i am out of contract or is there anything i can do sooner??

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10259 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

I dont know how explicit they can make it, they tell you on the phone, on the website when you place an order... 
Its not the networks fault if you dont read the T&C's and blindly sign it, and dont understand what you are signing. 

This year is 17.3% (RPI+3/.9%)

Your options are to pay off your contract, and leave or do nothing... simples... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144840 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27774 Solutions

@Rippedoff 

You agreed to this when you took the contract, so nothing you can do, sorry. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/prices

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Rippedoff
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I agree I agreed to the contract but the increase is way more than what they have previously increased by - i have heard that that ofcom are investigating contracts as it isn’t explicit enough! 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144840 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27774 Solutions

@Rippedoff wrote:

I agree I agreed to the contract but the increase is way more than what they have previously increased by - i have heard that that ofcom are investigating contracts as it isn’t explicit enough! 

No one likes it but it is perfectly clear.

OFCOM are doing nothing as it is within the rules they published.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10259 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

I dont know how explicit they can make it, they tell you on the phone, on the website when you place an order... 
Its not the networks fault if you dont read the T&C's and blindly sign it, and dont understand what you are signing. 

This year is 17.3% (RPI+3/.9%)

Your options are to pay off your contract, and leave or do nothing... simples... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144840 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27774 Solutions

Yep

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6