cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIP OFF Hidden charges.FROM O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate been ripped off but i find o2 have these hidden charges that are not very clear till you use them.. i.e mms messages ,0844 numbers .text longer than 3 messages . I rang an 0844 number got through had my conversation then found call cost nearly £3 at 20p per min had i known i would have rang on my landline at 5p per min...so rang 4445to air my veiw spoke to c/s who said it in terms and conditions so asked why not be informed that there would be a charge before connecting the call.? not got that facility but he aggreed that it was wrong to be ripped of like this but whey hey just read terms and conditions .. i really feel o2 have let me down .. told him i was going to not renew when monthly birthday pay and go due he wasnt bothered ..said goodbye. so thats it time to find a better provider despite being a customer for donkeys years since (cellnett). they dont care so i will vote with my feet and move on if we all did this perhaps they might be that little bit more concerned,my mrs is with o2 also she agrees with me so another long term customer lost

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous you might be on to something there. Make your move and next year you might be millionaires lol
Message 21 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous you might be interested to know that the use of 0844 numbers is the biggest single complaint about Sky! But these big companies won't do anything about it. I don't know why.
Message 22 of 42

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/2012/04/simplified-call-charges-to-help-consumers/ oh look the 0844 etc are revenue share so the company you are calling get a cut of the money

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 23 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

thats right thats why i wont deal with companies that use them because they are making money just on the phone call which is greedy and leaves a customer no choice if they have a problem

Message 24 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

thats right thats why i wont deal with companies that use them because they are making money just on the phone call which is greedy and leaves a customer no choice if they have a problem

@Anonymous @Anonymous.   Without knowing, for example, how the income derived from such a call is I don't think we should jump to any conclusion that involves accusations of "greed".  For example, it may be that a significant proportion helps offset the costs involved in dealing with the customer  complaints.  Perhaps a better way would be for companies to charge for support calls on a "no solution no fee" basis?

Another point worth making is that for better or for worse we live and work in a competitive society.  It might be argued that we'd be better off with one standard telephone service throughout the land - but would such a monopoly guarantee an efficient, effective, economic and reliable service?   Until then we will just have to put up with the confusing range of options available as best we can (or revert to writing letters with the associated outrageous postage charges!!!) 

Gerry

Message 25 of 42

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Calls to Sky 0844 numbers are free if you have home telephone with them otherwise I would be using a different provider for the broadband and tv package.

Message 26 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sorry Gerry but it is greed as you may have to ring a company for a problem with their product or service as soon as you pick up the phone they are getting the money that's not right
Message 27 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Perhaps you are right - but if it is greed, why do O2 and lots of other modern companies put so much help online, free of charge?; why do they facilitate a resource like this community, free of charge?  They are in business to make money for their shareholders so of course they will want to maximise profit, just as we, the demanding customers want to obtain the best deal and as much benefit as we can for the lowest possible outlay. 

Gerry

Message 28 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not going to argue with you Gerry O2 have the community so as we can help customers which frees up their customer services which is a good thing
Message 29 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
My initial call was to a well known bank I have told them if they dont give me a geo number I will be using other they have refunded the cost of the call plus a 5 quid gesture payment !!! Take heed o2 !! Result
Message 30 of 42