cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIP OFF Hidden charges.FROM O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate been ripped off but i find o2 have these hidden charges that are not very clear till you use them.. i.e mms messages ,0844 numbers .text longer than 3 messages . I rang an 0844 number got through had my conversation then found call cost nearly £3 at 20p per min had i known i would have rang on my landline at 5p per min...so rang 4445to air my veiw spoke to c/s who said it in terms and conditions so asked why not be informed that there would be a charge before connecting the call.? not got that facility but he aggreed that it was wrong to be ripped of like this but whey hey just read terms and conditions .. i really feel o2 have let me down .. told him i was going to not renew when monthly birthday pay and go due he wasnt bothered ..said goodbye. so thats it time to find a better provider despite being a customer for donkeys years since (cellnett). they dont care so i will vote with my feet and move on if we all did this perhaps they might be that little bit more concerned,my mrs is with o2 also she agrees with me so another long term customer lost

Message 1 of 42
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try app from play store - say no to 0870. Or web site www.saynoto0870.com.  will give you alternative numbers eg. Nos beginning with 01, 02, 03 which will allow you to use call allowance. Not any use when abroad unless in designated country. Can save you a fortune. Good luck

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
I appreciate your frustration.

The charges and help info is available online and on here.

If you do discontinue with O2 Payg you can keep your number by asking for your PAC CODE and please check other networks signal strengths by testing them out via a Payg sim and check out their own terms and conditions.

Edit to add link : http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...
Message 2 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi jonnieplusdan and welcome to the Community.

For clarity NONE of the mobile operators include 0844 / 0845 or 0870 numbers in their minutes allowance. Indeed BT do not include 0844 numbers either (although on many tariffs they may include 0845 and 0870).

Typically all the mobile companies charge 20p per minute or more and these charges are clearly found on the tariff details on the website.

Sorry this is not the answer you were hoping for but this is not an o2 issue as they all charge similar.
Message 3 of 42

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Although I agree the pricing is not fair in relation to 0844,0845,0800 numbers. I have to be honest and say in fairness, I thought the pricing of those numbers on mobiles is common knowledge.
Going to another provider won't keep the costs down either, a quick glance has Vodafone @ 34ppm and standard call costs are higher too.
By all means vote with your feet, a customer lost is not good for any business, but before you commit, check the tariffs of the others in full including additional non geographical calls, you may find the grass isn't greener the other side.
Message 4 of 42

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
these numbers have never been included on o2 so if you are a longstanding customer I do not know what we can say . this is the info on the o2 website http://www.o2.co.uk/help/everything-else/special-numbers
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try app from play store - say no to 0870. Or web site www.saynoto0870.com.  will give you alternative numbers eg. Nos beginning with 01, 02, 03 which will allow you to use call allowance. Not any use when abroad unless in designated country. Can save you a fortune. Good luck

Message 6 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

For anyone interested OFCOM have a free PDF booklet explaining about various special numbers and the costs likely to be incurred  -  see OFCOM Booklet 

Gerry

Message 7 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good shout Gerry. Useful information. ☺
Message 8 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

yep i know that now but as you can see as i put in my gripe i could have used my landline for 5p per minute. but hey ho as i state rip off .!!! when you ring a 0800 number from a mobile it alerts you to let you know their will be a charge . why cant this include other 08 numbers , a lot of companies ,use these numbers now .and trying to get a geo number is becoming almost impossible. 

Message 9 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Jonnie said "when you ring a 0800 number from a mobile it alerts you to let you know their will be a charge"

A very good point jonnie.

Have you put this officially to O2 ?
Message 10 of 42