cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quickest Way to End Contract?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

So I've had my contract for just coming up 2 years, I got the deal through mobiles.co.uk and I've sworn by it ever since, my contract ends in October but I do have the option to pay it and upgrade. Thing is, is that I can pay it all in the one go and upgrade, but theres no current deals that I am interested in on the actual 02 homepage. There is a few deals on the third party website that I find are better suited for me. At present, my phone is smashed and completely useless and was wondering what the best way to go about paying it and starting a new contract as I need a new phone asap??

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Call customer service and ask them for a settlement figure. It will be the number of months x the monthly tariff as you won't be on a Refresh contract. 

Some help 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/td-p/566774

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Once you have paid off your current contract you are free to upgrade anywhere you like.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous welcome to the forum! slight_smile

Please let us know how you get on (and out of curiosity, what phone did you end up getting?) Cat Very Happy

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey!

Thank you for all the help, I phoned up this morning and compared some deals. I ended up going to mobiles.co.uk but I'm still with 02. I chose a Samsung S7 Edge ^__^

Thanks again!

Message 5 of 6

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey!

Thank you for all the help, I phoned up this morning and compared some deals. I ended up going to mobiles.co.uk but I'm still with 02. I chose a Samsung S7 Edge ^__^

Thanks again!

Cool! How do you like the phone so far?

Message 6 of 6