cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, i recently took out another monthly contract and paid a deposit but since then ive had to cancel the debit card i used to pay it due to me losing it. So now i have a new card number etc. Will that matter when i call to get it paid back to my card? Can i just give them a different card number as long as its registered to me?

Many thanks Dance

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Your debit card is attached to your bank account so as the attached account will still be the same it won't make any difference at all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Normally deposits are added to your account, putting you in credit. You then can ask for cheque or direct bank transfer.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous Please call customer service and explain what has happened. Do not rely on Live Chat. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

The deposit should be automatically credited to your mobile phone account after you have paid your 3rd bill. You can then either leave it there so you don't have to pay a bill for a while, depending on what you spend a month, or you can call up and ask for a refund back to your bank account

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Your debit card is attached to your bank account so as the attached account will still be the same it won't make any difference at all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just called CS and was told when you call up after it shows on your O2 account as a credit they pay it back as a refund so as long as the card is registered to you it doesn't matter. 

Thanks for the replies Happy Dance

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
thanks for the update slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 9 of 9