cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding upgrades

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just entertaining this from a logical standpoint.

I can see from O2's website, that I could potentiually upgrade to an iPhone 7 for a £109.99 upfront and £35 p/m charge.

If I were to choose this, could I elect to pay off more than the £109.99 at the time of upgrade. (If i were to perfom the upgrade in-store) For example £200 or £250 etc? In theory this could lower the per month charge on Airtime.

I only ask as the £109.99 is the highest upfront cost that is available, without paying for the device in full.

It would be interesting to hear others viewpoints on this or even indeed if it were possible.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Short answer is no.
The airtime and device plan are separate, so over paying on the device will not change the airtime price at all.
You can, after the first month, pay extra on the device charges, which will reduce your monthly device payments, but the airtime is fixed until you fully pay off the device, at which time you can change your airtime costs to suit by going sim only.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you wanted to pay more then it would be down to the advisor & it would come off your device plan. Your airtime will stay the same 

Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Short answer is no.
The airtime and device plan are separate, so over paying on the device will not change the airtime price at all.
You can, after the first month, pay extra on the device charges, which will reduce your monthly device payments, but the airtime is fixed until you fully pay off the device, at which time you can change your airtime costs to suit by going sim only.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks, that clears it up for me.

I could afford to pay the full device price, but I was curious to know if that was possible.

Thanks again for the information.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
No worries mate.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5