Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding upfront payments

MummyPikachu
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So yesterday I got my pre-order done for my S23 Plus contract. I gave a deposit of £225 and was told by customer service that everything's fine and all I need to do now is just wait for the delivery of the phone.

However prior to this, around the 2nd of this month, I checked out and got the deposit page but left it thinking that I could come back to finish the payment later that day. £30 got taken out. A day later I tried the same again and paid the £30 but realised I made a mistake on the order (wrong data bundle) and got the deposit page so again I left it but another £30 got taken out. As I said before, a few days later I actually managed to pay the deposit and get my order done but what I was wondering is whether O2 will refund this to me automatically or do I have to do anything??

The reason I am asking is because the bank can't reverse the transaction and it is still pending but have instructed me to contact O2. 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10979 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3125 Solutions

@MummyPikachu 

Your bank are been awkward, as they wont reverse it until 7 days have passed as it will automatically be released before then.

There is nothing o2 can do, as they cant reverse it either, as its been held by your bank and not o2.. 

I would just be patient.. 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10979 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3125 Solutions

@MummyPikachu 

Your bank are been awkward, as they wont reverse it until 7 days have passed as it will automatically be released before then.

There is nothing o2 can do, as they cant reverse it either, as its been held by your bank and not o2.. 

I would just be patient.. 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 2