Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on combined bills

NB12345
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I currently have a cheap sim only contract which is coming to an end, and am looking at purchasing a Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra over a 24 month period.

I am able to expense the entire monthly payment if the handset price and airtime are bundled into one monthly cost & not split out on each monthly invoice. 

I understand that many of the larger networks (O2 / EE / Vodafone / Three) now split the cost of phones into a handset invoice and an airtime invoiced.  

Does anyone know if there is an option to combine these into one (non itemised) monthly invoice & payment?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6610 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Not with O2. Both are separate.

The reason for that is the handset is then excluded from the annual price rise which can be significant

Some independent shops do combined on O2, but you will get hit for those price rises

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6610 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Not with O2. Both are separate.

The reason for that is the handset is then excluded from the annual price rise which can be significant

Some independent shops do combined on O2, but you will get hit for those price rises

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23099 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@NB12345 If you can afford the cost if the phone and airtime are bundled why can't you afford them separately? That seems to be a more economical way to pay. I don't get it. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

NB12345
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Its not so much to do with affordability. My work will allow me to expense my airtime only, however if airtime & phone cost are bundled together, I can expense the whole thing if that makes sense?

Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23099 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@NB12345 Yes I think it makes sense, but it doesn't sound very ethical. Your company would be happy with you doing that?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35980 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1594 Solutions

Take out your contract with affordablemobiles or mobilephonesdirect (as an example) - they give you a bundled contract, which still comes from O2 in your MyO2 as you probably are used to.

Only contracts directly from O2 qualify for O2 Refresh, with separate Airtime and Device plans, @NB12345 Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

You may be surprised how much more cheaply you can get the same phone for 24months when compared to O2's prices for the same...  Good luck!

Message 6 of 6