Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on credit for Final Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys,

I hope someone can help.

I recently renewed my contract with o2.

I paid my final bill for my old contract on 8Nov and paid my new bill on 19Nov which is the pay 'one month in advance' payment for the new contract.

My query is should i not be due a credit of the 'one month in advance' payment I made when I took out my 1st contract with 02.

Many thanks for any replies.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to answer this after enjoying a few bottles of wine with friends at dinner is probably not the best idea.

SO lets say for arguement sake you had a 12 month contract to start with.

So your contract starts on the 8th October 2011 you pay for the line rental up front and as you started part way thru the month you would have had a slighlty higher bill the first month to cover the part month and the next month line rental.

With that in mind and you started a new contract you should see the cost between 8Nov and the 19th November reduced as the contracts over lap. 

Does that make sense?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to answer this after enjoying a few bottles of wine with friends at dinner is probably not the best idea.

SO lets say for arguement sake you had a 12 month contract to start with.

So your contract starts on the 8th October 2011 you pay for the line rental up front and as you started part way thru the month you would have had a slighlty higher bill the first month to cover the part month and the next month line rental.

With that in mind and you started a new contract you should see the cost between 8Nov and the 19th November reduced as the contracts over lap. 

Does that make sense?

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply Steersy

Yes it kind of makes sense now.

I could not get my head around it to start lol,

I was just worried as I paid over £70 for 2 payments this month.

O2 customer services advised I'm due a £4 credit on my old account, and my bill be lower next month.

Thanks again for your help:smileyhappy:

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad I could help in my red wine haze. lol

Message 4 of 4