cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put on wrong tariff, o2 will not help. Extremely dissatisfied.

Mark3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I signed up to o2 via mobiles.co.uk. An iphone XR 30GB data monthly data, unlimited minutes/texts. However when I got my phone and logged on to my o2 it was showing my plan was a 15gb plan. I rang o2 and they first of all said that it takes 2/3 says to update properly. A week passed so I rang again only to be told I was definitely on a 15gb tariff and not a 30 gb and more or less tough luck. I have my original order invoice from mobiles.co.uk and it definitely was a 30gb tariff. I rand mobiles.co.uk and they said no it was definitelty 30GB and o2 need to fix this. Still has not been sorted. I used to be an EE customer and their customer service was excellent. First impressions of o2 not good at all. I signed up to a 30gb plan, but am only getting 15gb but paying the same amount for what I had signed up to. Advice please.
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I'd go back to mobiles.co.uk and get them to fix it.
Your contract is with them initially.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Mark3 have you checked your bolt ons for the additional promo data?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Where-is-my-discount-or-Extra-Data/bc-p/1075494

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Mark3
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes I have checked and there is no bolt on for additional promotional data.
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I'd go back to mobiles.co.uk and get them to fix it.
Your contract is with them initially.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions
@Mark3 If your original invoice says 30GB then mobiles.co.uk really need to be going to bat for you. You'll have to keep on at them to assist you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 11

Mark3
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok will ring them tomorrow again. But surely o2 receive correspondence from mobiles.co.uk and vice versa.
Message 6 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10127 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

Good luck fighting with Carphone Warehouse (mobiles.co.uk) is a brand of theirs, they will have sent across the incorrect tariff details, so only they can fix it for you.. 

If you get no joy, then follow the CPW/mobiles.co.uk complaint process

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 11

Mark3
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
They said takes 3-5 days. So i will ring back again Friday if not sorted. slight_smile
Message 8 of 11

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Mark3, sorry to hear about this. 😞 Just wanted to check how you're getting on and if you've made any progress?

Message 9 of 11

Mark3
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes, i escalated it with mobiles.co.uk. And o2 now have it that I receive 30GB a month. Glad i got it sorted.
Message 10 of 11