cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of identity

Anonymous
Not applicable
Been on O2 for almost 10 years at the same address using the same bank account, I applied for a new phone/contract and failed the credit check. I emailed the address provided and was told it was a typo and to apply again, which I did and it refused again! I then tried ordering through chat, refused again. Phoned O2 sales explained everything they contacted O2 referrals and asked for proof of identity, I live in Northern Ireland so offered my full UK driving license which is identical to one issued in England and was told they can't accept it. O2 have in my opinion shown a complete disregard for customer loyalty and have refused my contract for no reason other than where I am. I have never had any CCJ's, overdrafts, outstanding bills and I am in full time employment.
Thanks O2
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't bother with chat, they won't know their way round a paper bag. Try experian as its free
Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Forget chat you've only got to look around these forums to see they are useless and read from a script I know it takes a bit longer but wait and see what response you get from the email
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thanks again
Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
No problem, glad we could help, let us know how you get on
Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it would be good to know the final outcome of this
Message 15 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

It's a vicious cycle, the more credit checks carried out the more the detrimental effect on your credit file.

Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
True but then O2 shouldn't of been doing so many checks in this case well not as far as I can see anyway
Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to update you all. I registered with experian and confirmed there are no issues with my credit rating. I have had several calls from O2 assuring me that they do not discriminate but when I point out to them that not accepting my licence while accepting another one not based on the information it holds but where it's issued is discrimination they huff and puff but have no reply. They cite commercial issues as there new reason but can't tell me what they are. They ask for my passport as proof of ID, I refuse to jump through another hoop for them solely because I am from Northern Ireland, . They blatantly mislead me, they stated a typo as the reason for the problem which is obviously not the case. I reckon I have paid O2 around £5000 over 10 years, probably more, topping up my phone and those of my wife and 3 kids, mostly using the same bank account I have now and living at the same address. now on the look out for a new service provider and off to raise the issue with my MP LOL
Message 18 of 18