Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promised Refund hasn't materialised

Allygator
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Although this is quite a long drawn out story, I hope you'll bear with me.

Last year, I was given a free mobile phone by Virgin (the lady said it was a reward for being a loyal customer). 

This year, I was told the service had expired and the representative said I could renew the phone with O2. I told them I didn't want to continue the service and cancelled it.

However, it hadn't been cancelled until the following week and on 18th March 2022, £10.00 was taken from my bank account and on 11th April 2022, £153.36 was taken. 

Apparently, when I cancelled the Virgin Mobile phone, the Virgin representative that I spoke to by telephone didn't cancel the contract right away, but created an O2 account for me, which I wasn't aware of.

The contract was cancelled the following week. The £10.00 charge was a standard connection charge and the £153.36 was an early cancellation charge.

I logged into Live Chat and explained the issue to a O2 representative, who said the early cancellation charge was a mistake because the contract had been cancelled within 14 days. She said she had arranged for the money to be refunded to my bank account and it would be there within 7 days.

Unfortunately, not only was the money not refunded, but when I logged into the O2 website to access the O2 Chat facility, I found it no longer existed and so the Chat Ref ID is apparently redundant.

I would appreciate any help to try to resolve this issue and can provide further details like the mobile number and the Chat Ref ID if required.

Kind regards,

Alan Gairdner

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I will tag the O2 account advisors. One of them will send you a Private Message through this site.

@O2Georgina or @O2Emma can you please assist @Allygator?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Bambino 

@Allygator  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 3 of 7

Allygator
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello O2Georgina,

Thank you for your reply and for the private message. Unfortunately, I'm new to the O2 Community and I haven't worked out how to access private messages. I would be grateful if you could explain how to access my private messages.

Kind regards,

Alan Gairdner

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Allygator 

look at the top right of the page and you will see an envelope icon

Private message 22.JPG

when there is a message for you, you will see a 1 in the envelope icon Hope that helps x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

Allygator
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Cleoriff,

Thank you for replying. I found the envelope and the private message was there.

Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good news @Allygator.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7