Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Incoming and Outgoing Calls

theduddyhuddy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I got a new sim-free phone yesterday (Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5g) and having issues both receiving and making calls with it. When someone tries to phone me, 9 times out of 10 it goes to voicemail, even though I am not using the phone and mobile reception is very good. Less often, when I try and make a call, it fails to connect through. I have rebooted the device multiple times but makes no difference.

I am on a 4G sim-only pay monthly plan and have happily been using it with no issues until switching device (old phone was a sim-free Xiaomi Mi 8).

Any advice?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144219 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions

@theduddyhuddy 

Phone should be fully compatible assuming you have the global version?

Have you checked for any network issues here O2 Service Status

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

theduddyhuddy
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 Thanks for quick response. Phone was bought from the Xiaomi UK webstore, so not sure if that is global version or not.

Network issues are being flagged up at this location actually now I have checked, but I have another o2 phone and that is having no issues at all today. Old Xiaomi phone has been fine right up until yesterday also, so thinking it is the phone/SIM combination. 

Is there anything else I can try?

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144219 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions
If it's from the UK it will be global..
Issues can effect certain number ranges only so try SIM back in old phone to see if it persists.
If not, I'd get the phone checked out,
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

theduddyhuddy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the reply. I'll try that. Cheers.
Message 5 of 5